The assessment and referral team at Voyages of Sugar Land is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you or your loved one identify the best level of care to meet your needs. Our no-cost mental health assessments typically take between 30 and 60 minutes. Our clinicians will review the completed mental health assessment with the physician on duty to help determine the best level of care for you.
If inpatient treatment is not necessary, you will be given a referral to an outpatient provider. If inpatient treatment is deemed necessary, the assessment and referral team will review and complete admission paperwork with you.
While we accept medically complex patients, we are not an emergency room. If there are significant medical concerns at the time of assessment, medical clearance from a medical facility may be necessary before admission.
Criteria for Inpatient Care
Patients appropriate for inpatient programs often exhibit significant impairment in their functioning at home, work, school or within the community. This might include being a danger to themselves or others, displaying serious impairment in judgment or psychotic behavior.
We accept most major insurances including Medicare and Medicaid. Please contact us at any hour for a complete list of accepted insurance providers.
Please bring the following items to your assessment:
- License / ID and insurance card(s)
- Current medications (including inhalers, glasses and contacts)
- Name and contact information for all outpatient providers (primary care doctor, outpatient therapists, etc.)
If admitted, your social worker and discharge planner will help you and your loved ones establish an efficient discharge plan for your continued care upon discharge from Voyages.
This might include:
- Referral to skilled nursing, assisted living or independent living facilities
- Outpatient therapist referral
- Referral to an alcohol and drug treatment program when appropriate
- Outpatient psychiatrist referral for follow-up
- Placement in our partial hospitalization or intensive outpatient program
- Support group referral
- Social service organization referral
- Referral to residential treatment programs when appropriate
Schedule a no cost, confidential assessment or refer a patient today by calling (281) 896-0112. Our assessment and referral department is always available to help.